Thursday 5 February 2015

I so needed...

...an eight-year-old to model this! It would look so much better on an actual little person.

I decided to try out a few yarns from Bergere that looked like they might make great additions to the stock. The Coton 50 - well, it's 4 ply cotton and I'm not feeling the enthusiasm I need to tackle 4 ply cotton at present. So that's kind of waiting in the wings. The Bergereine is a mix of wool and cotton and is lovely, but I couldn't find many single patterns for it, so that might be another that we give a miss. But this little jumper is my sample garment from the one pack of Ideal I indulged in. It's a wonderful, soft, machine washable, 40% wool yarn in loads of colours. And there are loads of patterns for it too. The tension's a bit similar to the Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, which I always think means you can use it for either 4ply or DK patterns, with just a tiny change of needle size.

What do you think? To indulge or not to indulge? It would probably sell for about £3.00 per 50g.

No comments:

Post a Comment